Team Lance-A-Bot Official Website
Thank you for visiting the official website of Team 4237. We are a seventh year FIRST Robotics Team founded in 2011. We’re based at Lakeshore High School in Stevensville, Michigan. Check out news and other links on this page.
Robotics Summer Camp
Information about our summer camp will be sent out to Lakeshore Elementary students signed up for an FLL team soon! Dates are July 30th through August 3rd, with a morning and afternoon session.
Kidde has had 2 recent recalls!
Dual Sensor Smoke Alarms Due to Risk of Failure to Alert Consumers to a Fire
There has been about 500,000 units sold in the United States and Canada. For more information follow the link.
Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles Due to Failure to Discharge and Nozzle Detachment: One Death Reported
There has been almost 41 million units sold in US, Canada, & Mexico. For more information follow the link.
All of Team 4237’s Notable Awards and Accomplishments.
- Won the Rookie All-Star Award (advanced to state, interview only) in 2012.
- Won the Hard Hat Award, a Safety Star of the Day, Entrepreneurship Award, and the #1 Pit Safety Award in 2013.
- Won the Entrepreneurship Award, Industrial Safety Award, Two Safety Stars of the Day, and the Industrial Safety award in 2014.
- Won the Industrial Safety Award, a Safety Star of the Day, and a Hard Hat Award in 2015.
- Won the Entrepreneurship Award and the Innovation in Control Award in 2016.
- Won the Innovation in Control Award and Entrepreneurship Award in 2017.
- Won the Industrial Safety Award at the 2017 Michigan State Competition, Consumers Energy Division.
- Won the Industrial Design Award, the Quality Award, and the Industrial Safety Award in 2018.
- Won the Innovation in Control Award at the 2018 Michigan State Competition, Dow Division.
All of our Community Recognitions!
- Pat Moody wrote an article about our local FRC 2017 kickoff. You can read the article here.
FIRST Sunset Coast Robotics Alliance
The Sunset Coast Robotics Alliance (SCRA), an organization comprised of the FIRST Robotics teams in southwestern Michigan, was formed to carry out projects that call for the involvement of multiple teams. Here’s a list of what’s been planned so far for 2017-18
- Robotics Demo Days, Berrien County Youth Fair (August 19, 2017)
- Lancer-Bot-Mania FLL League Qualifying Event (November 11, 2017)
- Sunset Coast Splash FTC Qualifying Event (December 2, 2017)
- St. Joseph FRC District Event (March 8-10, 2018)
- Robotics Roundtable Radio Show (February-April, 2018)
- FIRST Robotics Demo, SW Michigan Mini-Maker Faire (June 2, 2018)
Robotics Roundtable Returns
Airs live Tuesdays 6-7pm on WSJM FM 94.9
Robotics Roundtable, a weekly show on WSJM Radio featuring discussion on FIRST Robotics, will begin its third season in late February. The show is a partnership between the radio station and the SCRA, and will be underwritten by sponsors TBA. The moderators will be Ray Gustafson, the station’s program director, and Tim Dunaj, judge advisor for the St. Joseph FRC District Competition. The show will air live on WSJM as well as on Facebook with a podcast available on wsjm.com.
On Tuesday, March 20, 2018, team members Jeremy Wolf, Madeline Dale, Mark Washington, and mentor Doug Washington, were featured on Robotics Round Table along side 3 team members and a mentor from team 5056 MegaHurtZ Robotics from Buchanan, MI (picture below). Listen to the podcast here.
2018 District Competitions
Saint Joseph Competition
On Friday, March 9th and Saturday, March 10th Team Lance-A-Bot competed at Saint Joseph High School. We were ranked 12th with a record of 9-7-0. During alliance selection we were picked by the #4 Alliance, Team 2337 - EngiNERDs, and then picked Team 288 - The RoboDawgs. Milkman (our robot) made it through the quarterfinals, but lost in semifinals. At the award ceremony, we won the Industrial Design Award sponsored by General Motors and won a Hard Hat Safety award, first runner-up to the safety award.
Gaylord District Competition
Friday, March 16th and Saturday, March 17th in Gaylord, MI, we competed at our second event. Team Lance-A-Bot was ranked 4th with a record of 10-2-0. During alliance selection, we were picked by the #2 Alliance, Team 3618 - Petoskey Paladins, with Team 6573 - Alanson Viking Brobotics as our third pick. Milkman (our robot) made it through the quarterfinals, but lost in semifinals. At the award ceremony we won two awards: the Quality Award sponsored by Motorola Solutions Foundation, and the Safety Award sponsored by Underwriters Laboratories.
Michigan State Championship
Team Lance-A-Bot has the wonderful opportunity to attend the Michigan State Championship at Saginaw Valley State University. The event consists of 160 teams from across the FIM District.Team Lance-A-Bot competed in the Dow Division with 40 other teams. We ranked third, and captained the third seeded alliance, striking out in quarterfinals. We won the Innovation in Control award.
Pictures coming soon.
World Championship, Detroit
Meet the Team
The Lakeshore Robotics Team, started in Fall 2011, is a project of Lakeshore High School in Stevensville, MI. We have about 50 dedicated individuals involved. You can meet them here.
Learn about FIRST®
The FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC®) is "the Varsity Sport for the Mind™" which combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology.
Recent Safety Recalls
You’d be surprised by what’s been recalled!
Click the button below to read about recent safety recalls
on the US Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website.
Phone:School phone number: (269) 428-1402
- Jon Woodard (Ext. 2162)
- Brad Smith (Ext. 2153)
Snail Mail:Lakeshore High School
5771 Cleveland Ave
Stevensville, MI 49127